News from the CRC
Four years of highlights and achievements
Partners in the CRC will this week start to receive Highlights and Achievements 2013-2017, a publiction providing a high-level summary of our research, utilisation and engagement activities.
In a departure from the usual annual report format, this report is an overview of the first four years of the CRC’s eight-year funding period, based around the projects, the people and the organisations that contributed to the overall success of the centre.
This half-way point marked an appropriate time to provide a review of the original aims, the ongoing progress, and future options for natural hazards research.
These activities culminated in a visible display of progress, achievements and vision at the CRC’s Research Driving Change – Showcase 2017 event in Adelaide in the first week of July 2017. This two-day event with researchers and partner organisations collated and presented the research outputs as a series of case studies and high-level impacts. Visit the Showcase page for reports, video and audio recordings.
The primary activities 2013-2017 have been:
- Delivering on our research and utilisation objectives
- Consolidating, refreshing and promoting the research program
- Bringing together researchers, partners and broader stakeholders through a calendar of events, conferences and workshops
- Building the capacity of the sector through postgraduate research and mentoring
- Establishing national research priorities for natural hazards emergency management
- Developing options beyond this funding period to transition to an ongoing research centre.